- GENERAL QUESTIONS
- PayTala Merchant Account
- Payment Queries
- Membership and Acceptance
- Integration & Going live
1. What is paytala?
paytala is a company aiming to revolutionize online payments by providing simple and trusted Payment Processing Solutions for Merchants or Individuals. The paytala product targets SME’s primarily with a view to make online card acceptance more easily integrated with lower costs and most importantly minimal fraud. Services provided include Secure Payment Gateway, Fraud Preventions systems with convenient payment options and ecommerce platforms tailor-made for social media compatibility.
2. Is it safe to process credit/debit cards over Internet?
Yes, it is safe for you and for your customers provided the necessary precautions are followed to minimize risks.paytala uses the latest version of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system that requires that credit card data be transmitted from your (or your Internet Service Provider’s (ISP)) secure server in encrypted form. This ensures that no one can intercept the transaction and obtain sensitive information. You can view further information on paytala’ security standards here.
However, there are many other precautions that you are required to take, according to Visa, MasterCard, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Standard compliances which we will be informing you in due course.
3. Which credit/debit cards will I be able to accept?
You will be able to accept major credit/debit cards from MasterCard, Visa, and Benefit (Kingdom of Bahrain) and Sadad Account(Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) for the time being. We will be adding more card processors in the near future.
4. How can I register for a Merchant account? How do I proceed forward? Who do I speak to? How long does the whole process take?
Registration is a very simple and quick process. You may click here to register online and an Account officer would contact you to further assist you and to provide you with the support needed utilizing paytala’ services.
5. What are the currencies other than USD that I can accept?
You can accept and process in over 160 worldwide currencies. However, you will be settled in your local currency which you have selected.
6. What are the charges for using paytala?
Sign up for a demo account, and you will be contacted by your account manager for more information. Alternatively, you can send an email directly with your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How do I know that my account is live or test?
Log into your paytala Merchant Account, on the top you will see your account status on your paytala Merchant Dashboard. If it is ‘TEST’ then you are in TEST environment, if it shows ACTIVE or ACTIVE FROZEN, this means you can accept live payments.
2. I am using the test cards on the documentation, but it never gives me a successful transaction!
Test cards can only be used in a test environment. Log into your paytala Merchant Account and check the status of your account on the top right corner of your dashboard. If your status is TEST, only then can you use test credit cards to make a successful transaction.
3. How can I change my Store Name?
If you are a Test Merchant, you will be able to change your store name during the Go-Live Activation Process. But if you are already an active merchant, you will need to contact email@example.com and request to change your Store Name.
4. I have three applications / companies and I would like to integrate paytala in all of them. Can I use the same paytala Merchant Account?
paytala Merchant Accountis restricted for multiple entities. You will have to treat each application and/or company as a separate entity. Each paytala Merchant Account should correspond to only one application and/or company. In this way you will get separate statements for each paytala Merchant Account. In this particular case, you will need three paytala Merchant Account.
5. I have requested for a LIVE account, why is it taking so long?
Here are the scenarios where your application might take longer than usual:
1. The documents submitted are not valid
2. paytala may require you to furnish more information on your business nature, website, documents etc.
3. Applications may be going through a special approval process.
However, our account managers will be updating you regularly on the status of your application.
1. I do not have a Postal Code for my City/Country. How do I make a payment?
We understand that some countries do not have postal codes e.g. GCC Countries. In these cases, you may use the telephone country code instead. But However, if your country does have postal codes, entering a wrong postal code may result in payment rejection.
2. Where can I see the complete listing of all Payment Response Codes?
To view all the reason codes related to transactions, login to your merchant dashboard, go to “Help” >> “Reason Codes”.
3. Why was my transaction declined?
You can refer to your merchant dashboard and click the “View” button against the specific transaction and view the reason for rejection/decline. Additionally, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Why does the transaction reason show “SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTION”? What can you do about this?
paytala has a fraud monitoring tool that flags suspicious transactions when risky factors and elements have been triggered by the system. It consists of internal risk parameters set based on the merchant’s line of business.
Suspicious transactions are temporarily shown as rejected and paytala may either request merchant for further verification or decide to permanently reject the transaction – when found highly suspicious upon review.
5. I have requested for a refund, why is it taking so long?
All refunds will be processed during paytala working days, and within 24 hours from the time of the refund request.
6. I have requested for a funds withdrawal, why is it taking so long?
All fund withdrawal requests will be processed within 24 hours of the request as per the below schedule:
1. What kind of merchants do you accept?
We accept all merchants (Micro / Small / Medium Enterprises) wanting to sell online but without the capacity to accept online payments. Corporate Merchants are also welcome to sign-up with us. Our network of acquiring banks allows us to provide an account for a wide range of merchant categories.
2. What are the documents required to apply for a paytala Account?
The documents required may vary depending on the nature of business.
Individual applications are subject to approval. Application for the “Business Type” account requires the following documents:
– Any two government issued personal ID’s of the establishment owner and partner(s) if any.
– Business license/Commercial Registration (CR) issued by the government. Please ensure that the nature of business in the CR matches with trade activity in the website.
– Six month Bank Statement (under the company title) on the Bank’s official letterhead. Bank statement should also contain complete account information IBAN, account number, beneficiary name etc.
– Your logo (optional). That will be required after signing up and testing once you request to ‘Go Live’.
– Proof of Address (eg: Electricity Bill)
– Company’s Terms and Conditions.
However, the merchant may provide any further documentation that helps demonstrate the financial stability to determine that the company will continue operating successfully well into the future.
Kindly note when submitting for go-live application, merchants are advised to upload clear copies of the requested documents and type in/ enter the required details as accurately as possible to avoid delays in the approval process. If any doubts arise, feel free to contact your account manager.
3. What is a good website according to paytala?
A clear and descriptive website will enable the Risk Assessment Team to better understand the merchant’s business and its process. This eventually helps to reduce delays in the application process.
A good website usually has the following characteristics:
a) Products & Clear description of the products.
b) Clear Pricing of products.
c) Terms and Conditions of Service.
d) Refund& Exchange policy.
e) Shipment and delivery period details.
f) Customer service contacts details. (Email and / or call center) and corporate address.
g) If merchant registered as Business, the email should be under company domain and not free email.
4. Why does the merchant need to register to get a paytala account?
Registration is required to use paytala service. We require accurate information in order to process your registration smoothly. Merchant information must kept up to date at all times to avoid inconvenience and delays especially in processing of funds. paytala has the rights to suspend, terminate or will not approve the application to Merchants who provide inaccurate, untrue or misrepresented data or those who fail to comply with the requirements needed.
Also, as per the mandate by Banks as well as Payment associations like MasterCard, Visa, Amex etc., we (paytala) need to do appropriate due diligence before approving your application.
The reason you must apply and be approved in order to get a merchant account is because there is the risk of losing money every time a credit or reversal is processed on a credit card transaction on behalf of your business. Visa and MasterCard have a very clear policy that is enforced when a cardholder pays for goods / services, which is:
The cardholder is entitled to receive the promised good or service. If such good or service is not delivered then the cardholder is entitled to getting their money back. This is one of the basic consumer protection principles that apply to credit card transactions. In order to mitigate this risk the credit card processor should have a robust screening / application process.
1. When can the merchant integrate with the PayTabs Payment Gateway?
The moment the merchant signs up, he can go and integrate with PayTala using the test account setup. Once he has completed testing of the various functionalities and payment methods, and is willing to go live, he may register for a live account.
2. What is a Payment Gateway?
Payment Gateway is a service that automates the payment transactions between the customer and merchant. It is usually a 3rd party service that is actually a system of computer processes that process, verify, and accept or decline credit card transactions on behalf of the merchant through secure internet connections. The payment gateway is the infrastructure that allows a merchant to accept credit card and other forms of electronic payment.
When processing a credit card transaction, information needs to be sent to the cardholder’s bank to check if the card is valid and has sufficient funds to pay for the sale. In a traditional brick and mortar transaction it’s actually the POS (point of sale) machine which takes the cardholder data, formats it and sends it to Visa or MasterCard to see if the customer has sufficient funds.
In an ecommerce transaction the service takes place online via a payment gateway. The payment gateway receives transaction requests that are sent online and then connects to Visa or MasterCard, and ultimately to the cardholder’s bank to see if they have sufficient funds and it is a valid card etc.
PayTala is a provider of such a payment gateway for the merchants.
3. How long does it take to integrate with the PayTala Payment Gateway?
The integration process of PayTala’ Payment Gateway can take anywhere between 24 to 48 hours.
4. What do I need to start accepting credit cards on my website?
You will need a fully functional online store where you can easily plug-in our script (complete instructions will be provided). Once your application is approved, you will be provided with a PayTala Merchant login ID and your bank account with our affiliated banks in your designated country of application.
5. Do I need any extra software to start accepting credit cards?
No additional software is required on your behalf. Your online store is already programmed in one of the popular programming languages (PHP, .Net, Java…), so you simply plug-in few snippets of the code we give you and you’re done. Once set up, you will be able to safely login at our gateway to manage your transactions, merchant accounts and to print statements.